Lesson 36: Lessons and trends in hammer throw biomechanics (with Paulo Oliveira)
In this 58-minute video presentation, biomechanist Paulo Oliveira shares his process for evaluating hammer throw biomechanics, including results from his studies as well as 2 case studies on how long-term analysis can be used to improve technical development. This presentation was recorded live as part of the HMMR Forum 2023.
- Introduction and methods of biomechanical analysis
- Results from the European Winter Throws Cup Project
- 2 case studies on long-term biomechanical analysis and impacting technical progress
- Key points on biomechanics
HMMR Media Members also have access to many more resources related to this topic:
- Coach Don Babbitt breaks down lessons from recent biomechanical research and trends in throwing technique.
- We’ve written about current and future of hammer throw biomechanics before. You can read about the biomechanical research on the hammer throw from Koji Murofushi and Marwa Sakr. And leading sports scientists Klaus Bartonietz and Jesus Dapena shared their thoughts on the future of hammer throw research and biomechanics.
- For more about hammer throw technique, as well as technique and training for all the throwing events, visit our throwing resource page. This includes Video Lesson 10 on hammer throw technique