October 2017 Happy Hour: Doing the basics better
For the October 2017 Happy Hour, we discussed accelerating the hammer and heard the input from special guests Mike Bahn and Steve Myrland. Topics included:
- Jean-Pierre Egger’s training methods and hitting the muscle in different ways
- Adding instability in skiing and how a little variation can help durability
- Kinesthetic awareness
- Warm-up strategies
- In-season training strategies for NHL
- Reaction’s to Bill Knowles’ approach to in-season training
- Comparing in-season demands between different sports
- Do foundational movements change for winter sports?
- Difference in ground contact between running and skating
- The value of staying low and training how to stay low
- How much can you distort a movement?
To learn more on this topic, check out the following resources:
- You can watch our recent webinar with Steve Myrland for more about his philosophy and demonstrations of exercises.
- Mike Bahn has joined our team as a contributor. You can read his first article on sleep and warmups.
- We discussed the podcast interview with Bill Knowles. You can listen to it on Episode 124.
- For more on Jean-Pierre Eggers’s training read our interview with him or check out