A few thoughts on coaching and training to start off the weekend early:
- Never ever forget that training accumulates day to day, week to week, month to month and year to year. Therefore, you do not need to start over at zero each year. Build upon what you have done in a logical progression.
- Sometimes what we do not do in training is as important as what we actually do.
- Sometimes imitation can spur innovation.
- To prevent shoulder injuries, hamstring pulls, and groin pulls stop the focus on the shoulder, hamstring and groin and look at their role of the in the kinetic chain. Think coordination & muscle synergies to achieve technical mastery which will go a long way to preventing injuries.
- It would be great to see youth sport come back under the umbrella of education as part of the schools offering. Instead, it has been farmed and it has spawned a multimillion-dollar industry that is not good to the kids. Kids are being used!
- “Do not place hope in finding a secret technique,” said Kyuzo Mifune. “Polish the mind through ceaseless training; that is the key to effective techniques.”
- Challenge – What are you doing NOW to get better at what you do?